Saturday, August 25, 2018

An Answer to the question What to Sell Online Idea of Something To Sell Online

One question that I get asked a lot is, "What should I sell online?"

And while I usually answer that you should sell the things that you know about and that provide you the best chance to make a profit and that let you have some fun too.

While I don't think the profit motive is the most important thing, I do think that over the long run it can be a good motivator.  Not the only thing to consider, but it has to be added to the mix of things that you think about.

Having fun can also be a good motivator, but it does not always help pay the bills.  So it can't really be the most important factor.

I do think that it is best to start with what you know the best, or what you want to learn about the most.  This will also help you stay interested, as you get deeper into the grind that is online selling.  But note that I said to start with, because in the long run you will want to learn about different things and kind of challenge yourself to get better at selling all different kinds of things.

Well what are some of the options, there are many and probably too many to ever list them all.  

A lot of beginning online sellers start with books, video games, clothes, shoes and other household items.  Just things that can be found around your house or in your closet.

Again, this is a good approach to start with.  

I like to think about selling an item were the I can have the maximum number of customers, or selling something that people have more than one of.  That way, one person can be a multiple buyer.

So what is an item that fits this description? 

Well some people own many video games, or many books, or some other items you can think of.  And some people own none of these items.  But the item that I have in mind, everyone you know owns several pairs.  The item is shoes, if you think about it, probably every one you know owns more than three pairs of shoes, with some people owning into the double digits of pairs of shoes.

I've always been fascinated by this.  Which is why among other things I sell shoes.

In a future post I will talk about this a bit more, and give some examples of shoes that are perfect for online sells.


No comments: