Friday, September 30, 2005

Introduction to Guide for Online Book Sellers

One of the things that I have had on my list of things to do is to write a guide for online book selling. I have to tell you that I love selling books online. My love of books has taken me down the road of selling books and it is one of the coolest things that I get to do.

But I have to admit that selling books, while it is easy for me now (relatively so). When I first started there were some things that I did not understand fully. And it also needs to be stressed that the market place is in a state of constant change and therefore you have to keep looking for new ways to sell books online.

One of the first things that I believe that anyone who is new to book selling should do is figure out what kind of book seller they want to be. In my case I have thousands of books. I read constantly and write about book selling and books are a major part of my life. But most people will not dive head long into book selling as I have done.

So what I will be doing with this series of post is;

Providing the latest relevant links on the internet. This in itself is a full time job and might be very ambitious of me. But there are some great resources on the net that I would like to share.

Providing information about how to price your books. There is a lot of confusion about what price to charge for your used books. I will try to provide some tools that will hopefully make this easier for the beginning book seller.

Discuss the online venues for selling books. In the last few years many different venues for selling books online have started. It is not always clear which is the best venue to use. I am of the opinion that different venues are better suited for different kinds and styles of booksellers.

So anyway, consider this post as the introduction to a new series that I will be posting to here on OnLineSellersTips.

file under;






No comments: