If you sell online via one of the popular selling venues, i.e. eBay, Yahoo, OverStock or even iOffer. You may have a need for a graphic designer to help you build a credible store front.
Online Sellers can use graphic designers for;
- Building their eBay stores.
- Building their eBay about me pages.
- Building their Yahoo store fronts.
- Building their OverStock store fronts.
- Building their auction templates.
- Building their Blogs.
- Building their web sites.
Specific task that designers can provide;
- Create better navigation then provided by selling venue templates
- Better product placement. Cross selling and linking and referring
- Use of advanced image techniques
- rotating photos
- roll over enlargements
- using anchor text and alt, title, & caption HTML tags
- Improve page meta tag usage and other SEO advances
- Stream line the code used to create your store
As an online seller you may have a need for any and all of the above services. Well where do you start. James Maguire of eCommerce Guide.com has written a very interesting article that answers some of the questions that an online seller faces when choosing a good graphic designer. You can read his article Yahoo Storefront Design Tips - Part 1.
While this article address Yahoo store fronts I think that it provides information that can be used by any online seller looking for a graphics design company to help them give their online sells ventures a more professional look and feel.
One last idea that a graphics designer can help an online seller with is to give all of their various and fragmented sells efforts on different selling venues a common look and feel. Which will help in branding.
graphic design, online sales, selling, Yahoo, eBay, iOffer, auctions